From beautiful countryside walks to beach fun there is always plenty to do at Hendre Mynach
Barmouth is a charming coastal town in Wales, known for its stunning beaches, scenic views, and rich history. Here are some things to do in Barmouth:
- Enjoy the beach: Barmouth is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Wales. Spend a day relaxing on the sand, swimming in the clear waters, or exploring the rock pools.
- Take a stroll on Barmouth Bridge: The iconic Barmouth Bridge spans the Mawddach Estuary and offers breathtaking views of the sea and mountains. Take a leisurely stroll across the bridge and soak up the scenery.
- Visit Barmouth Harbour: Barmouth Harbour is a bustling marina where you can watch the boats come and go, enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants, or take a boat trip to explore the estuary.
- Explore Barmouth Old Town: Barmouth’s historic town center is full of charming shops, cafes, and restaurants. Take a walk through the narrow streets and discover the town’s rich history.
- Climb to the top of Dinas Oleu: Dinas Oleu is a hill overlooking Barmouth that offers stunning panoramic views of the town, the estuary, and the mountains. Take a short hike to the top and enjoy the scenery.
- Visit the Barmouth RNLI Lifeboat Station: The Barmouth RNLI Lifeboat Station is open to the public and offers an insight into the work of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution. Learn about the history of the station and the brave volunteers who risk their lives to save others.
- Take a trip on the Barmouth Steam Railway: The Barmouth Steam Railway is a narrow-gauge railway that runs from Barmouth to Porthmadog. Take a scenic journey through the Welsh countryside and enjoy the views of the mountains and the sea.
- Go fishing: Barmouth is a popular destination for fishing enthusiasts. You can try your hand at sea fishing or go trout fishing in the nearby streams.
- Visit the Mawddach Trail: The Mawddach Trail is a popular walking and cycling route that runs along the Mawddach Estuary. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and spot some of the local wildlife.
- Go kayaking or paddleboarding: Barmouth’s clear waters are perfect for kayaking or paddleboarding. Rent a kayak or paddleboard and explore the coast at your own pace.
And take at look at our Local Links page for a whole range of places to see and things to do